This blog Post presents a detailed description of WordPress Mobile App Development – Cost, Time, Technology, Functionality.
All of the required features of the WordPress mobile App expressed by the client and all the features our development team is ready to provide is going to be expressed in this post.
The WordPress Mobile App is a website based android/ios application. This App helps you in easily converting News Website, or Magazine Website, or Blogs in to Smart Mobile Apps.
This app can be built with many native coding languages like if you want this application for android, you can use java, html, css and for iOS application you can use c, c++ & swift. but as for my choice I would choose Ionic Framework. The cutting edge latest technology of Ionic Framework and pulls in WordPress posts and other content using the WP-API plugin can be used as to build WordPress Mobile App.
WordPress Mobile App will also look at how to handle custom post types and other content using the same method we’ll use here. Once you know how to pull in posts, you can easily do the same for users, media, products, events, and lots more.
WordPress Mobile App Requirements:
The application should have some functionality or features that are listed as below.
- It should provide automatic content update on Home Page.
- It should provide a search bar to filter the posts for user.
- It should provide category wise Sorting of posts for user.
- It should provide like or interested in post option for user.
- It should provide sharing posts to social media platforms for user.
- It should provide push notifications on user’s screen when a new post is published user will get the push notifications.
- It should provide one tap commenting on the post and reply on the comments.
- It should be designed in such a way that it won’t take too much space and can be installed in any place.
- The application should also have built-in multimedia plugin that can play following multimedia: video, sound and picture files as posts.
WordPress Mobile App Functionality:
- Recent WordPress posts.
- Aim: To display the recent Featured posts in home page
- Input: open the application/ go to homepage.
- Output: Date wise sorted posts displaying on home page, recent post on the top.
- Process: Getting posts with the help of WP-API and Displaying it on home page.
- View blog post/ “Read more” button:
- Aim: To View full blog post when tapped on it.
- Input: Tapping particular post to open on home page.
- Output: single post will open in a new page to display its full content with media.
- Process: when post/read more is tapped it will call a new page with its full content including media files with WP-API.
- Categories and Tags:
- Aim: To display posts sorted by categories and tags.
- Input : selecting category option from the side menu.
- Output: displaying the sorted posts according to the category and the tags.
- Process : Sorting posts on the basis of categories and posts.
- Search posts by query:
- Aim: To Display post on the basis of search query.
- Input: Inserting Query in the search bar on home Page.
- Output: Posts displayed filtered by search query.
- Process: search function works on all posts to filter the correct or related posts according to the query.
- Aim: show and add comments on a particular post.
- Input: tapping the comment option on bottom of post.
- Output: comment added and displayed all the comments of a particular post.
- Process: comments are added and displayed with JSON API custom field.
- Infinite scroll :
- Aim: scrolling posts shouldn’t stop until last post.
- Input: slide upside when the loader displayed.
- Output: post scrolling will not stop until last post of WordPress website.
- Process: infinite scroll lets the loader displaying until bringing more posts.
- Social sharing of posts:
- Aim: Able to share posts on social media sites.
- Input: Tap on the share icon below the post and select particular social media platform to share the post.
- Output: post is shared.
- Process: when social platform is selected than it uses user authentication after that the post is shared to its profile.
- Like the post :
- Aim: able to like the post.
- Input: tap the like icon below the post on home page.
- Output: post is liked.
- Process: post’s id is stored which is liked and the user’s interest is also recorded for the type of posts.
- Push Notifications:
- Aim: show notification on user’s screen whenever new post is published.
- Output: notification pops up and when tapped redirects to the particular full blog post.
- Process: whenever new post is published in WordPress the push notification pops up on user’s screen.
WordPress Mobile App Perspective:
- The WordPress Mobile App requires a WordPress site with a WordPress version greater or equal to 4.7 and just some plugins to that site to fetch and display results.
- You can think of it like a single page web application that can access WordPress content through an API. This is where the WP-API comes in.
- The WP-API is a new feature that has been proposed for WordPress core. It is a JSON REST API for WordPress, which means it makes much of your content easy to use in external applications, such as a mobile app.
- The WP-API also allows two-way communication, such as creating posts and approving comments from the mobile app.
- As over 24% of the Internet uses WordPress, and many of those folks want a mobile app. It makes perfect sense to use content from WordPress in the app, so that when the website is updated, the app is updated.
- The app uses SASS, which basically is CSS with super powers. Each component has its dedicated sass files and partials well structured with independent variables which provides you with complete modularity, flexibility..
WordPress Mobile App Uses:
No wonder Blogs are already a step ahead to reach the online space and make a market itself. Then there is a best of all plan for them here that is Convert their WordPress Blog into a Smart Mobile App and always be the first one to leave behind the old times. And take your analytics at a whole new level.
- Magazine Websites:
what do you think how awesome magazine readers may feel when they do not have to go to a shop to buy a magazine? How convenient would it be for them if they can read their favourite column in magazine, on their mobile device? Present this wonderful experience to the valued customers. Magazine Authors could Simply convert their Magazine Website into a WordPress Mobile App now and get their business going to top.
- News Website:
Reading news in conventional old way is so boring and most of us don’t really have the time to sit with a news paper in our hand. Can you imagine how wonderful would the customers feel if they are able to read their daily news while travelling in a metro train or walking down to their offices? Are agency’s customers their true assets? Then, they should give their customers the wonderful gift of access to your News Website through few touches on their handheld mobile device which is a lot convenient and easy.
WordPress Mobile App Benefits:
- Remind your users about your content with your icon and brand on your user’s home screen
- App Store and Google Play profiles to acquire new users through mobile app installs.
- Push notifications help retain users and drive repeated visits to your mobile app.
- Mobile app specific advertising solutions mean no ad blockers will prevent you from monetizing your work.
- Native mobile apps offer an improved mobile experience, which leads to more time spent in your app, more traffic and ad impressions.
- WordPress mobile app will offer easy, native social sharing straight to the user’s social apps, which helps your content spread organically.
The WordPress Mobile App will be constantly improved and enhanced for it’s better performance.